SHELL The shell includes everything that is needed to make the house weather tight above the subfloor. This includes logs, decks, windows, doors, roof trusses, sheathing, roofing material, soffit, as well as fasteners, nails, and sealers. It does not include the subfloor, foundation, or main level flooring.
INTERIOR The interior package includes all partition walls, pine T&G for walls and ceiling, 2″ T&G loft decking, solid pine doors, door hardware, baseboards, window and door trim, stairs, railings, as well as fasteners, nails, and sealers. It does not include plumbing, electrical, cupboards, countertops, and main level flooring.
SAND & STAIN Sand & Stain includes all exterior wood (excluding pressure treated decking material) sanded and stained upon arrival. This is a process that must be done either by the homeowner or by the Riverbend staff in our controlled environment.
A general rule of thumb is the price of the shell, interior package, and sand and stain is approximately 40% of the overall cost to build, excluding the cost of land. The other 60% would include septic, well, foundation, subfloor, builder/labour, electrical, plumbing, heat, attic insulation, cupboards, appliances, and main level flooring.
CONSTRUCTION Riverbend does not do the construction, but we do have a list of local builders that have either built our homes in the past or that are familiar with log home construction. We don’t personally know each of the builders, but we remove any that have received negative feedback. We do provide startup assistance where an experienced member of the Riverbend team will teach any builder or homeowner everything they need to know and ensure the home is started properly. Please contact us for our builder list.
DELIVERY Trucking is $7.50/mile one way from Nackawic, NB with a $800 minimum. Most houses including the interior kit will be two truck loads and most cottages are one truck load. It is the responsibility of the home owner or hired builder to have a loader onsite to unload the truck upon delivery.
DEPOSIT Deposit is 25% of the overall cost with the remaining 75% due upon delivery. Once a deposit is placed, the price quoted is locked in, regardless of increases in items such as windows, doors, trusses, roofing, etc. Tax applies to all amounts for the province of delivery.